Where do I get a State of Texas sales tax permit?

Complete the application if you are engaged in business in Texas and:

  • Sell or lease tangible personal property in Texas; or
  • Sell taxable services in Texas.

Texas State Comptroller offices are located in San Antonio or contacted at Texas Comptroller of Public Accounts

Field Office - San Antonio Taxpayer Services and Collections 10010 San Pedro Ave Suite 410, San Antonio, Texas 78216-3862 (210) 342-2300

IRS San Antonio Contact Information

Show All Answers

1. How do I register my business name or get an Assumed Name: Doing Business As (DBA)?
2. Where do I get an Employer Identification Number (EIN)? Why do I need it for my business?
3. Where do I get a State of Texas sales tax permit?
4. Where can I get information on permits needed for my business?
5. Where can I get training or counseling on starting a business and or writing a business plan?
6. Are there any grants to start a business?
7. How do I certify my business as HUB, SBE, MBE, AABE, HABE, ASBE, NABE, DIBE, DBE, VBE or LGBTE?
8. How do I become a Bexar County Vendor?
9. How do I register to do business with other agencies, school districts or the State or Federal Government?
10. How do I find out about pre-bid meetings, events, trainings and networking events?