I have appealed a case from the Justice of the Peace, what happens next?

The documents in the case are sent to the Bexar County Clerk’s Civil Central Filing department. The appeal means that the case will be heard by the County Court at Law Court as a new case. You will receive a notice requiring you to pay the filing fee; if the filing fee is not paid, the case will be sent back to the Justice of the Peace Court. Either party may request a hearing date. The party setting the case is responsible for notifying the other party of the date, time and location the case is set for. To set a hearing, contact the senior court operations clerk at 210-335-3175 or 210-335-3179. It is recommended that you consult an attorney or have an attorney represent you.

Show All Answers

1. How do I file an answer once I have been served with a citation?
2. How do I obtain a copy of documents?
3. How do I file a small claims action?
4. I have appealed a case from the Justice of the Peace, what happens next?
5. What is the Bexar County civil jurisdiction?
6. What dates are jury and non-jury cases set for?
7. What are the requirements for a jury demand?
8. How do I file for an occupational driver’s license?
9. How do I obtain copies of documents in my file?
10. How do I get a letter testamentary?
11. How can I obtain guardianship over an incapacitated person?
12. How do I search for an estate?
13. How do I place a will for safekeeping?
14. When is my court date?
15. What is my case number?
16. What court do I need to be in today?
17. What is a bond forfeiture case?
18. How do I file a Petition for Nondisclosure?
19. How do I find out if I have any warrants?
20. How do I obtain copies of a background check?
21. Why do I have to pay court cost and fine, if I already served time?
22. How can I get a transcript?
23. My case is set on the docket. Do my attorney and I have to be there?
24. How can I get copies of a judgment, sentence or dismissal?
25. Where do I pay my court costs/attorney's fees?