1. SMWBE provisions defined in this policy may not apply in the following circumstances:
- (A) Whenever the Purchasing Agent determines the purchases are available only from a sole source; or
- (B) Whenever the Purchasing Agent determines the purchases are made in response to an emergency as defined in the Purchasing Policy 8.1.
- (C) Whenever the Commissioners Court grants an exemption under LGC 262.024 Discretionary Exemptions
2. Purchasing Agent and the Small Business and Entrepreneurship Department may waive SMWBE policy only upon the written approval, except in condition (1.) above. Emergencies will be approved by the Purchasing Agent or designee only, and will be appropriately documented in applicable contract files. All request for waivers are presented to Commissioners Court for final approval.