Dear 2nd Chance Employers,Thank you for registering for the 2nd Chance Job Fair next week. We appreciate the enthusiasm that many of you expressed in hiring those in need of a second chance, and we wish you success in finding the talent that you need for your business.
Please read the information below as it will provide you with instructions and a timeline for different activities that will occur on the day of the event.
Date: April 21, 2022
Location: Freeman Coliseum
3201 E. Houston St.
San Antonio, TX 78219
Parking: Lot #1 – See map below (outlined in red)
• Employers will be allowed to enter the building to setup.
• Enter the Freeman Coliseum through the front door farthest to the left. A volunteer wearing a yellow vest will check you in.
• At check-in you will receive an envelope which will include your lunch tickets. Two complimentary lunch boxes will be provided to each agency.
• Freeman Coliseum’s Wi-Fi password will also be provided to you at the check-in table. Please do not share it with anyone as it will slow down the network due to limited access.
• We kindly request that all Employer tables to be setup by 11am.
• Please bring your own table cover. A table tent with your company name will be on your table. Feel free to bring a noisemaker (whistle or bell) to ring when someone is hired.
• Each Employer will have the following: 8ft table, 2 chairs, and electrical outlet.
• Employers will be asked to pick up their boxed lunch, and may eat in the dining area located behind black drapes on the north side of the building.
• A short presentation will begin on the stage.
• Commissioner Tommy Calvert and other dignitaries will address the audience, therefore we kindly ask that everyone direct their attention to the stage area.
• Volunteers will be coming to your table with a QR code that will take you to our Exit survey. A ticket for door prizes will be issued when the Exit survey is submitted and the confirmation page can be seen by the volunteer.
• Winners of door prizes will be called to the stage.
• Tear down and clean-up
Should you need assistance on the day of the job fair, please ask the volunteers wearing yellow vests, or call Damien Gallegos at (210) 717-9800