Welcome to the Bexar County Bail Bond Board
The Bexar County Bail Bond Board is responsible for licensing and regulating Bail Bond companies operating in Bexar County, in accordance with Chapter 1704, Regulation of Bail Bond Sureties, of the Texas Occupations Code. Surety Companies must be licensed in Bexar County before they can secure bail for any person incarcerated in a Bexar County detention facility.
Should you have any questions regarding the Bexar County Bail Bond Board or wish to obtain information on becoming a Bexar County licensed surety company, please contact Ethel Segura, Bexar County Bail Bond Administrator, at (210) 335-3933.
NoticeTexas Governor Greg Abbott approved a request by the Office of the Texas Attorney General to temporarily suspend a limited number of open meeting laws in response to the Coronavirus disaster. This action allows the Bexar County Bail Bond Board to conduct its meetings by telephone or video conference, subject to certain mandatory requirements including posting notice and providing a way for the public to view and/or participate. This temporary suspension advances the public health goal of limiting face-to-face meetings in order to slow the spread of the Coronavirus. Therefore, the public will only be able to attend meetings of the Bexar County Bail Bond Board virtually until further notice.
- Application for a Corporation Bail Bond License
- Application for an Individual Bail Bond License
- Assignment of Certificate of Deposit
- Bond en Route Form - This form is for the use by authorized Bail Bond companies only.
- Instructions to obtain Fingerprints and a Criminal Background check from DPS
- Letter of Recommendation for Bail Bond Company Employee
- Letter of Recommendation for Renewal
- Letter of Recommendation for Applicant