Mental Health, Juvenile, and Immigration
JUVENILE GUIDES AND DOCUMENTS:
justice of the peace and municipal charges
school disciplinary cases
Texas Rio Grande Legal Aid (TRLA)
1111 N. Main Ave.
San Antonio, TX 78212
bexar county juvenile COURTS
289th Juvenile District Court
386th Juvenile District Court
436th Juvenile District Court
Mental Health Referral Form
Who are we?
We are a mental health attorney, mental health licensed social worker, and mental health case manager
What do we do?
We assist attorneys with their mental health cases.
We provide attorneys with CLE training focused on clients with mental health needs.
How can we assist?
We can meet with the clients in or out of jail.
- We can help with gathering information, assessing mental health status, making appropriate referrals.
- We can meet with the client’s support system with the client’s approval.
We can meet with family, medical providers, employers, anyone who can help with the client’s case.
We can assist with court needs.
- We can help with mitigation, referrals to specialty courts, organizing bond and probation agreements, and attending court.
How can you and your client become a part of the program?
- Talk with your client to gain permission for our team to meet with the client.
- Complete the short referral located on the MAC’s website or can be obtained from MAC team.
- The referral can be sent to any of the mental health MAC team.
- After the referral is received, the mental health team will schedule to meet with the client and reach back out to the attorney on the case to discuss that meeting.
Can anyone complete the referral for an attorney and their client to be a part of MAC mental health services?
No, the client’s attorney has to be the one to complete and send in the referral.
Do I have to complete the referral if I just have a question about my case?
No, you can contact the mental health MAC staff by email, phone, or in person with questions without completing the referral.
What is the mental health specialty wheel?
This wheel is for attorneys who have special interest in working with indigent clients with mental health needs.
How am I added to the mental health wheel?
- Have an interest in mental health cases.
- Have experience with mental health cases.
- Complete the 3-hour CLE mental health orientation training.
Other Mental Health Resources
Managed Assigned CounselPhysical Address
203 W. Nueva St.
San Antonio, TX 78207
Complaint Line: 210-335-2052