eInvoice Attorney Information
The Bexar County Auditor's Office, in coordination with the Courts, is implementing a new electronic payment processing system for attorneys. The new elnvoice system will be live for Civil District Court cases, including Children's Court and Child Support cases.
eInvoice Training Video
User Guide Information
You will need the following to register:
- Unique email address (may not be a shared mailbox used by multiple attorneys)
- Bexar County Vendor Number
- Texas State Bar Number
Register at: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any issues logging in or creating an invoice, please contact your Court Administrator.
Attain a Bexar County Vendor Number
Existing attorneys that have been paid by the County will have a vendor number already assigned to them. An existing vendor number can be found on a pay stub or requested by calling Accounts Payable Admin at 210-335-2243.
If you do not already have a Bexar County vendor number:
Submit Form 1300 along with a signed W-9 to email@example.com or by fax (210)-335-2996
Other Cases: Criminal County, Criminal District, or Juvenile Cases
Continue using the current paper process and look for a communication in August 2022 for a secondary eInvoice go-live date for these courts.
eInvoice Frequently Asked Questions
- When will eInvoice go live for District Criminal, County Criminal, and juvenile courts?
We are targeting late August 2022.
- What case types will be billable through the new eInvoice?
The following case types will be available for billing in the new eInvoice system: CI, EM5, and PA.
- What case types will be excluded from eInvoice?
The following case types will not be available for billing in the new eInvoice system: CV, BF, MR, MH, AA, AO, ED, PG, PC, SK, SM, TA1, TA2 and SF
- I already started billing against a case using the old method – what should I do?
If you have already started billing against a case using either paper invoices or the old eInvoice system for Children’s Courts but have not yet been paid, that’s ok. We’ll continue to process in-flight invoices business as usual. However, all future invoices should go through the new system.
If you have submitted an invoice using the old method and then it is rejected after the new system is live on March 1st, you’ll want to use the new system to re-submit.
- An invoice I submitted using the old method was rejected – how should I re-submit it?
After March 1st all invoices for District Civil Court, Child Support, and Childrens Court should be submitted using the new eInvoice system.
- How do I get a Bexar Vendor Number?
- How can I find my existing Bexar County Vendor Number?
Existing attorneys that have been paid by the County will have a vendor number already assigned to them. Your existing vendor number will be emailed to you as part of the go-live phase of this project. In the event you did not receive an email with your vendor number, it can be found on a pay stub or it can be requested by emailing Auditorsfirstname.lastname@example.org or by calling Accounts Payable Admin at 210-335-2243
- Why is there an N/A in the Name and Style fields when I pull up a case number in the new system?
You are not the attorney on record. Please verify the case number. Alternately, you will have the option to fill in additional information on the invoice submission screen and provide information for your role on the case.
- How do I update my address and contact information for payment and tax purposes?
You will need to update your address and contact information in the County financial system. Download Form 1300 – Vendor Request Form and submit the completed form by email to Auditorsemail@example.com or by FAX to (210) 335-2996. Be sure to keep your information updated even if you receive payments through PayMode because tax reporting documents will be sent to the address listed in the County financial system.
- Do I use the new eInvoice system to bill on my County Civil Court appointment?
No. Appointment payments for County Civil Court cases will continue to be paid under the current method.
- How do I view an invoice submitted in the old system?
Starting at 5pm on February 25, 2022 the old eInvoice system will be set to read-only. However, you may still view submitted invoices using a new URL: Keep in mind that the old eInvoice system is only supported on FireFox or IE11.