Civil eFiling Resources
- Local eFiling Rules
- Civil Fee Schedule
- Abstract of Judgment, Writ of Execution and Writ of Possession Request
- Civil Case Information Sheet
- Civil Initial Filing Service Request Form
- Civil Subsequent Service Request
- Civil Subsequent Subpoena Request Form
- Notice of Hearing (FIAT)
- Civil Presiding Schedule 2022
Request a Copy
You may make your copy request by eFiling, mail, or in person. Please make sure to provide the name and case file number, if available, for each request. The fee for plain copies is $1.00 per page. There is an additional charge of $5.00 per document for certified copies. Copies cannot be faxed or emailed to customers. Checks or money orders are to be made payable to Lucy Adame-Clark, Bexar County Clerk Civil Central Filing Department.
Lucy Adame-Clark, Bexar County Clerk
Civil Central Filing Department
100 Dolorosa, Suite 104
San Antonio, Texas 78205
Civil Court Case Information
- Court Dates: County Court At Law non-jury cases and motions are set on Thursdays and Fridays at 9:30 a.m. in presiding county courtroom B.23. County Court At Law jury cases are set on Mondays or Tuesdays following a Monday holiday.
- Jury Demand: Parties must attend mediation.
- Filing a Citation Answer: As indicated on the citation, you have 20 days from the date of service to file an answer with our office. We cannot calculate or give you the due date your answer is due. It can be submitted to our office via eFiling, mail, or in person.
- Small Claims Action: The jurisdiction for a small claim is under $10,000 and you can file at one of the Justices of the Peace.
- Small Claims Action Appeal: If your case from the Justice of the Peace is appealed the documents in the case are sent to the Bexar County Clerk’s Civil Central Filing department. The appeal means that the case will be heard by the County Court at Law Court as a new case. You will receive a notice requiring you to pay the filing fee; if the filing fee is not paid, the case will be sent back to the Justice of the Peace Court. Either party may request a hearing date. The party setting the case is responsible for notifying the other party of the date, time, and location the case is set for. To set a hearing, contact the senior court operations clerk at 210-335-3175 or 210-335-3179. It is recommended that you consult an attorney or have an attorney represent you.
- Application for Civil Occupational License: The filing fee for an occupational driver's license is $350.00 dollars. Consult an attorney. The clerk may not assist in the preparation of any application or petition, nor can we advise any litigant if the application is filed incorrectly. If the court does not grant the occupational license, the filing fees are not refundable.
The employees of the County Clerk's Office may not give legal advice.
Bexar County Courts at Law Information
- Minimum Standard Health Protocols for Bexar County
- Video Tour of Courthouse Health and Safety Protocols
- Notice of Vulnerable Populations
The Supreme Court of Texas has mandated that all attorneys file court documents electronically in the ten most populous counties. Bexar County is one of those counties, effective as of January 1, 2014.
Attorneys are required to electronically file court documents in Civil, Probate, and Criminal cases in Bexar County through an electronic filing service provider. This provider must be certified by the Office of Court Administration.
Parties representing themselves in court for Criminal cases without the assistance of an attorney (Pro Se litigants) may hand file their documents to the county clerk. For Pro Se litigants or in the event of an emergency, documents may be hand filed in the court in which the case has been assigned.
For questions regarding filing, contact:
Bexar County Clerk
Bexar County Courthouse
100 Dolorosa, Basement
San Antonio, Texas 78205
How To eFile
Choose an electronic filing service provider (EFSP) at eFileTexas.gov. An electronic filing service provider (EFSP) is required to help you file your documents and act as the intermediary between you and the eFileTexas.gov system.
For eFiling questions you may call 210-335-2496 or 855-839-3453.