Shared Parenting Program
Visitation Intervention and Enforcement Services
The OAG has a contract with the Bexar County Domestic Relations Office to provide child support customers FREE conflict resolution services, co-parenting classes, and legal enforcement services to low-income parents with Bexar County final orders.
If you don’t have a Bexar County Final Order, please call the A&V hotline number 1-866-292-4636, open Monday through Friday, from 1:00 pm to 5:00 pm. Calls will be answered in English and in Spanish.
- The Non-Custodial Parent (NCP) must possess the most current and final Bexar County Order granting possession and access.
- The NCP must be a resident of Bexar County or one of the contiguous counties: Atascosa, Bandera, Comal, Guadalupe, Kendall, Medina, and Wilson.
- The Custodial Parent (CP) and child(ren) must reside in Bexar County.
- The NCP must confirm that visitation has been denied by the CP at least three times and must be able to provide the dates of those denials.
- There can be no current/active protective order or no-contact order between the NCP and the CP.
- There can be no open case with the Texas Department of Family & Protective Services (CPS) involving the NCP, CP, and or focal children
- The NCP must have no pending criminal cases.
- The NCP must have no pending litigation.
- The NCP must be unable to afford legal counsel. The income limitation is $40,000 (gross) per year.
Services to Include:
- Conflict Resolution Services
- Cooperative Parenting Classes
- Legal Enforcement of eligible orders if certain criteria are met
- Orientation about parenting orders in parent-friendly terms
Program Class Information
How to apply:
- Call 210-335-1242 for information or submit an online “Information request form”.
- Attend our program information meeting. Meetings conducted weekly on Wednesdays. You will be scheduled and invited by email for a meeting if you meet pre-eligibility requirements.
- Submit an Application
Submit an application. Program staff will review your application and you will be notified whether your application was accepted.
Texas Attorney General – Access & Visitation Hotline (866) 292-4636
Texas Attorney General – Child Support (800) 252-8014
Guardian House – (210) 733-3349
Kidshare – Family Service – (210) 299-2476
Bexar County Family Justice Center – (210) 631-0100
Bexar County Dispute Resolution Center – (210) 335-2128
Bexar County District Clerk – Civil Court Records (210) 335-2113
Texas Rio Grande Legal Aid – (888) 988-9996