WELCOME TO THE BEXAR HERITAGE CENTER
Your Roots - Your Heritage - Your Government
All exhibits are designed to engage the visitor with glimpses of Bexar County’s historic treasures and contemporary cultural amenities by being both photogenic portals as well as multilayered, dramatic representations that create an immersive, in-depth, exciting, one-of-a kind orientation to Bexar County and its ascendance to a world class destination and place to live.
Free and Open to the Public
Monday – Friday
8:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Public entrance is located on the west side of the Bexar County Courthouse on Main Street.
Bexar Heritage CenterPhysical Address
100 Dolorosa Suite 110
San Antonio, TX 78205
100 Dolorosa Suite 110 San Antonio TX 78205
See glimpses of Bexar County’s historic treasures and cultural resources. Experience multimedia portals and in-depth narratives of this world-class destination and World Heritage site.
- Bexar County’s early geographical area and shape and how it became the defined geographical area it is today
- How Spain’s administrative protocols imprinted itself in the New World through record keeping
- The history of the Bexar County Courthouses beginning with the first courthouse – Casa Reales (1700s)
- Bexar County’s thriving economic activity stimulated by the coming of the railroad in 1877 and as a health destination for its pleasant climate
- The Story Maps section displays Bexar County history starting 10,000 years ago and ending in the 1800s
Bexar County’s level of involvement in our community by funding art and sport venues, community arenas, cultural parks, restoring natural habitats, and innovative flood control measures that makes it the thriving modern day metropolitan region it is today.
Bexar County prides itself for having state-of-the-art facilities. Medical advancements occur at over 70 hospitals, clinics, and research facilities in the Hospital District. Its Criminal Investigation Laboratory is a full service forensic laboratory that provides fee based services to local police, south central and west Texas county police, and international police departments.
- Welcome to Bexar
- Conquest & Revolution
- Texas Independence
- Bexar Archives
- World Heritage @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
- Lone Star Statehood
- Heritage Theater
- Dawn of a New Era
- Crime Scene Theater @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
- Art of Healing
- County Courthouse
- Source of Life
- Cultural Art Centers @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
- Community Arenas
- Fitness & Fun
- Story Maps
- Flood Control & Roads @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
Bexar County’s rich history in South Central Texas is displayed in multimedia exhibits and interpretive panels from its Spanish colonial origins to a thriving modern day metropolitan region.
If you have questions about your visit To Bexar Heritage Center give us a call at 210-335-6688