The Bexar County Criminal Investigation Laboratory will continue to report the following information, at a minimum:
- a title;
- name and address of the laboratory;
- unique identification that all its components are recognized as a portion of a complete report and a clear identification of the end;
- the name of the customer;
- a description, unambiguous identification, and, when necessary, the condition of the item(s);
- the date of receipt of the test item(s);
- the date of issue of the report;
- the results with, where appropriate, the units of measurement;
- identification of the person(s) authorizing the report;
- where applicable, the measurement uncertainty presented in the same unit as that of the measure and on in a term relative to the measure and (e.g. percent) when it is relevant to the validity or application of the test results;
- where appropriate, opinions and interpretations.
The simplified laboratory reports may not include:
- the location of performance of the laboratory activities;
- identification of the method used;
- the date(s) of performance of the laboratory activity;
- reference to the sampling plan or sampling method used by the laboratory;
- a statement to the effect that the results relate only to the items tested or sampled;
- additional to, deviations, or exclusions from the method;
- clear identification when results are from external providers (NOTE: the Bexar County Criminal Investigation Laboratory does not subcontract with external providers for work performed);
- information on specific test conditions;
- a statement of conformity with requirements or specifications;
- additional information that may be required by specific methods, authorities, customers or groups of customers.
Any relevant information not included in the simplified laboratory reports are available within the laboratory.