Withdrawing Minor Court Registry Funds
If you have funds in the court's registry, have turned 18 and wish to withdraw those funds, the Bookkeeping Department has several requirements. Funds in the registry can be released in person or by mail.
Please review the process below for full details on receiving a disbursement of court registry funds. For the disbursement of adult funds, please visit the "Withdrawing Adult Court Registry Funds" page.
- An original or certified copy of your birth certificate
- Valid government issued identification: state issued driver’s license, DPS I.D. receipt, state identification card, passport, military ID
- Social Security Card
Note: Please submit photocopies if application is mailed. Birth certificate must be a certified copy.
- Send the required documents and indicate the mail option on the Application To Withdraw Funds. Mail the items to the following address:
Bexar County Clerk
100 Dolorosa St. 104
San Antonio, Texas 78205
In Person Option
- Bring the required documents to the County Clerk’s Bookkeeping Department located in the Basement of the courthouse at 100 Dolorosa, San Antonio, Texas 78205.
- An accurate telephone number is required along with your valid government issued identification upon pick up.
Additionally, please contact the Bookkeeping Department if you have any questions regarding amounts on deposit, status of refund, tracking number for mailed checks, etc.
The County Clerk's Office is required by Texas Local Government Code 117.054 to pay 10% of the interest earned on the investment to the general fund of the county. All orders to withdraw funds from the court’s registry, less any applicable administrative fee, will normally be released within fifteen (15) business days.
If you have any questions regarding this process please contact the Bookkeeping Department of the Bexar County Clerk’s Office.