Prison Rape Elimination Act (PREA)
The Bexar County CSCD Applewhite Recovery Center (ARC) consists of the Substance Abuse Treatment Facility (SATF), the Dually Diagnosed Residential Facility (DDRF), and the Intermediate Sanction Facility (ISF) residential programs.
The Applewhite Recovery Center maintains a Zero Tolerance policy in regard to all forms of sexual abuse and/or sexual harassment between the residents and between the staff and resident(s). The ARC works hard to prevent and stop sexual abuse/sexual harassment and takes all allegations seriously. All reported alleged incidents will be investigated and all criminal complaints will be referred to the Bexar County Sheriff's Office. The ARC maintains a dedicated phone line to the Rape Crisis Center for support.
How to Report Sexual Abuse at the ARC
Residents are encouraged to report all allegations of sexual abuse and/or sexual harassment immediately by:
- Completing a grievance and placing it in one of the secure dedicated PREA locked boxes located throughout the facility.
- Complaints can be made verbally to the PREA Coordinator, any security staff member, residential supervision officer, counselor, and/or a medical staff member.
- A formal complaint can be made through the Bexar County Sheriff's Office at 200 North Comal St. San Antonio, TX 78207.
To make a confidential report of suspected allegation, concern, or fear of sexual abuse/sexual assault, or sexual harassment, we can be contacted by:
Phone: 210-631-0303 – PREA Coordinator
Fax: 210-631-0319 – Attn: PREA Coordinator
Mail: Attn: PREA Coordinator
Applewhite Recovery Center
10975 Applewhite Rd.
San Antonio, TX 78224
Third-party reporting for alleged sexual assault/sexual abuse can be made directly to the Bexar County Sheriff's Office by phone - 911 for emergencies and 210-335-6000 for non-emergencies.
PREA Audit by Program:
- 2022 Substance Abuse Treatment Facility (SATF)
- 2022 Dually Diagnosed Residential Facility (DDRF - formerly MIOF)
- 2022 Intermediate Sanctions Facility (ISF)
- 2019 Substance Abuse Treatment Facility (SATF)
- 2019 Dually Diagnosed Residential Facility (DDRF - formerly MIOF)
- 2019 Intermediate Sanctions Facility (ISF)