The Bexar County Sheriff's Office has implemented a new and effective program called the Sheriff's Office Community and Internal Liaison Program.
The program is designed for the Bexar County Sheriff's Liaison Officers to have a duty to:
- Liaise with culturally specific communities and other Officers in our department to foster cooperation and understanding.
- Advise other Officers on the cultural beliefs, needs and protocols of the community in which they work.
- Identify potential crime or disorder problems in the community and advise and assist in the prevention strategies Establish and maintain communication between the community and the Bexar County Sheriff's Office.
- Improve community access to policing services and refer to other services where necessary.
- Help victims/witnesses navigate the investigative process