Business finance varies considerably. It is used to describe activities, decisions, and techniques that deal with many aspects of a company's finances and capital. Assistance may be needed for a variety of issues, including:
- Raising seed, startup, development, or expansion capital
- Mergers, demergers, acquisitions, or the sale of private companies
- Takeovers of public companies, including public-to-private deals
- Management buy-out, buy-in of similar companies, divisions or subsidiaries - typically backed by private equity
- Financing joint ventures, project finance, infrastructure finance, public-private partnerships, and privatizations.