Prison Rape Elimination Act
The Bexar County Juvenile Probation Department has zero tolerance towards all forms of sexual abuse and sexual harassment. The Department will take appropriate action to prevent, detect, and respond to all forms of sexual abuse and sexual harassment within the Juvenile Detention Center and the Krier Center. Every allegation of sexual abuse and sexual harassment will be investigated.
The efforts to prevent, detect, and respond to all forms of sexual abuse and sexual harassment apply to the Department, all facilities under direct control of the Department, and every private facility with which the Department contracts for the confinement of juveniles under the Department’s supervision.
- PREA 2022 Annual Report (PDF)
- PREA 2021 Annual Report (PDF)
- PREA 2020 Annual Report (PDF)
- PREA 2019 Annual Report (PDF)
- PREA 2018 Annual Report (PDF)
- PREA 2017 Annual Report (PDF)
- PREA 2016 Annual Report (PDF)
- PREA 2015 Annual Report (PDF)
How to Report Sexual Abuse at BCJPD Facilities
All persons are encouraged to report all allegations of sexual abuse and/or sexual harassment immediately. If you have any information regarding a person who has been sexually abused in a Bexar County Juvenile Probation facility, please report on their behalf by:
- Calling the confidential Texas Juvenile Justice Department Hotline: 1-877-786-7263
- Speaking to a staff member, detention supervisor, chaplain, social worker or health care worker
- Completing and submitting PREA Incident Report Form (PDF)
- Completing and submitting PREA Online Incident Report Form
- Send an Email
- Sending a FAX to: BCJPD PREA Compliance at 210-335-1822
- Reporting incidents via the Rape Crisis Center:
- PREA 24/7 Hotline: (210) 349-7273
The Bexar County Juvenile Probation Department ensures internal administrative investigations are conducted by the BCJPD - Standards Compliance and Investigations Unit for all allegations of sexual abuse and sexual harassment. Criminal investigations will be conducted by the Bexar County Sheriff's Office for incidents referred to them involving criminal behavior.