Vehicle Registration & Renewal
OUR LOBBIES ARE OPEN! All persons conducting business in the Tax Assessor-Collector’s Office are encouraged to wear a facial covering. Due to limited seating, only two persons per transaction will be allowed in the building. Our phone center, commercial offices, and our Southside Drive-Thru continue to remain open. You may view a list of the 19 private Vehicle Full-Service Title Companies here, that can do most motor vehicle transactions but for a convenience fee.
Are you struggling with Delinquent Property Taxes? Enter into an Installment Payment Arrangement (IPA) with our office before June 30th to avoid additional attorney collection fees. Click here for more IPA information.
All vehicle registration and title transfers require proof of insurance and a current vehicle inspection that is no more than 90 days old.
You have several options to register or renew your vehicle registration. Please be certain to have your current proof of insurance with you at the time of your renewal.
- Register or renew at any Bexar County Tax Office location, or
- Register or renew at any of the 19 auto title service locations throughout Bexar County, or
- Renew at participating H-E-B grocery stores business centers, available to Bexar County residents.
- Please Note: Must have Texas renewal notice.
- New registrations are not available at H-E-B locations. Please call your store for availability.
Vehicle registrations may also be renewed by mail. Send your renewal form and a photocopy of proof of insurance to:
Bexar County Tax Assessor-Collector Office
P. O. Box 839950
San Antonio, TX 78283-3950
Please allow up to 15 days for the processing of your new window sticker (or new plates) by mail.
Click here to register online on TxDMV website.
In the event your registration is expired, you must visit one of our four Bexar County Tax Office locations. Please be certain to have current proof of insurance with you at the time of your renewal.
Forms from the Texas Department of Motor Vehicles include:
- Application for Texas Title and/or Registration (Form 130-U)
- Texas Motor Vehicle Transfer Notification (VTR-346)
- Affidavit of Motor Vehicle Gift Transfer (Form 14-317)
- Application for Persons with Disabilities Parking Placard and/or License Plate (VTR-214)
- Application for Certified Copy of Title (VTR-34)
Vehicle transactions may be left in our drop boxes after hours. Please allow up to 14 days for completion.