Bexar County supports many aspects of owning a business as well as provides opportunities to do business with Bexar County. These resources will get you to where you need to go for your business in Bexar County.
Economic & Community Development (ECD) provides resources for growing business such as skills development programs, innovation funds for the digital IT sector, tax abatements, and Industrial Development Bonds for manufacturing facilities. Visit the ECD site for details on these programs and more.
Facilities Management is directly responsible for construction and maintenance of Bexar County buildings. They also manage the use of certain Bexar County buildings for film or other projects.
Public Works oversees county road and bridge projects; health, building, right-of-way, and flood permits; and stormwater quality permits and other considerations.
Purchasing & Procurement provides procurement services for Bexar County's departments and offices. Register with the vendor portal for bid and solicitation information and opportunities.
The Small Business and Entrepreneurship Department (SBED) provides resources for setting up a small business, doing business with Bexar County, business training, and networking opportunities.
Other Bexar County resources to assist with owning and managing a business in Bexar County.
- Assumed Business Names/DBA (County Clerk)
- Beer/Wine Permits & Liquor Licenses (Tax Office)
- Civil Cases (Justices of the Peace)
- Dispute Mediation (Dispute Resolution Center)
- Preparedness & Recovery (Emergency Management)
- Theft by Check Assistance (District Attorney)
- Tax Payments (Tax Office)
- City of San Antonio Business Website